Our reflectometer uses the extreme sensitivity of cavity ring-down spectroscopy to quantify the losses of advanced optical coatings at the limits of current fabrication methods. Conventional absorption and reflection measurements are not sufficiently sensitive to quantify today´s super-reflective mirror coatings and are typically limited to the > 1000 ppm range (corresponding to < 99.9 % reflectivity). Our device increases measurement sensitivity by incorporating the test sample into an optical cavity and measures losses as an intensity ring-down in time domain. With this technique the device quantifies losses down to 5 ppm and thus makes for example characterization of ultra-high reflective mirrors with up to 99.9995 % reflectivity possible.
- Measurements of reflectivities up to 99.9995 %
- Loss measurements down to 5 ppm
- Various angles of incidence (0-45°)
- Variable polarization
- Simple alignment
- High-speed acquisition and real-time analysis
- Wavelengths in the range 375-1550 nm available